Sebastian Benz – Take Back Control over Your Test Suite
We all know testing is important. Unfortunately, even the best intentions are often crushed by slow and brittle tests hindering development more than they actually help.
But this must not necessarily be the case. In this talk I want to present some simple techniques helping you to write better tests. In particular, the following topics will be covered:
- how to write maintainable tests that don’t break on every change.
- how tests help you writing better code.
- how to speedup your test suite.
- how to avoid integration tests
I will focus on three simple rules of testing:
- Focus your tests
- Write clean tests
- Listen to your tests
For each rule, I will show code examples which violate the rule and subsequently refactor them towards faster and more maintainable tests.
What you will learn?
- recognize testing smells
- how to write fast and maintainable tests
Programming and testing experience.
They should start reading GOOS and xUnit Patterns.
Do the attendees need a laptop?